A valid visa is required for almost travelers to Vietnam except for those who are citizens of countries which have bilateral or unilateral agreement on Vietnam visa exemption with Vietnam visa. Citizens of such countries can enter and stay in Vietnam for a certain period of time without Vietnam visa.
- 60-day visa exemption is granted to APEC Business Travel Card Holders;
- 30-day Vietnam visa exemption is granted to citizens of Laos, Thailand, Cambodia, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore and those who visit Phu Quoc Island from a foreign countries;
- 21-day Vietnam visa exemption is granted to citizens of Philippines;
- 15-day Vietnam visa exemption is granted to citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Norway and Russia;
- 15-day Vietnam visa exemption is granted to citizens of United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Germany, France and Belarus staying in Vietnam from July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016.
- 14-day Vietnam visa exemption is granted to citizens of Brunei and Myanmar.
But these people who want to stay in Vietnam for longer duration will need to apply for Vietnam visa. And in this case they may have two options to do so:
- Apply for Vietnam visa at a local Vietnam Embassy; OR
- Apply for Vietnam visa on arrival if traveling to Vietnam by air. This option is highly recommended thanks for its convenience and simplicity.
For more details about Vietnam visa application, one is highly recommended to see https://www.vietnam-visa.com/ which treasures over 10 years assisting foreign travelers to obtain Vietnam visa.