In recent years, Vietnam has become an attractive destination in the eye of international visitors including the US’s citizens. Visiting Vietnam, visitors also get the chance to experience the beauty of a vibrant, multi-cultural and multi-religion land. In order to enjoy the most beautiful parts beautiful and interesting part of this country, there are something American travelers must keep in mind:
Vietnam is a tropical country with the average temperature in the hottest month of 29oC (84oF). It is the heat and high humidity that create favorable condition for bacteria and insects to reproduce. In 2017, the outbreak of dengue fever has caused thousands to ill, and placed a heavy burden on healthcare system of country.
Therefore, before entering the country you should take a look at information on common disease in Vietnam to prepare for yourself. According to data provided by CDC, recommended vaccines for Vietnam include:
- Zika Vaccine, Routine Vaccines (consist of MMR vaccines, polio vaccine, and annual flu shot, etc.)
- Typhoid Fever: Most travelers are advised to get this vaccine as they can get infected by exposure to contaminated food and water.
- Hepatitis A: Like typhoid, the virus causing Hepatitis A can travel through your body though dirty food and water.
- Other vaccines like Hepatitis B, Malaria, Japanese Encephalitis, etc. are recommended to travelers from some specific countries.
As an American citizen, you are required to apply for Vietnam Visa before entering this country. There are 2 ways of applying for visa to Vietnam: applying directly at Vietnam Embassy in the US or applying for Vietnam Visa on Arrival. If you plan to travel by air, the second way is considered more convenient.
- Applying for Vietnam Visa at Vietnam Embassy in USA
Currently, there are 2 Embassies of Vietnam in the United States. For this type of application, you will need to show up in person at the nearest Embassy. This is inconvenient to those living far from both Embassies.
- Get Vietnam Visa by applying Vietnam Visa on Arrival
If you intend to travel to Vietnam by air, Visa On Arrival is highly recommended because all procedures are made online, so it is really transparent, time and cost-saving.
There are only few steps involving in the application procedure.
- Firstly, fill in an online application form with information related to you and your trip.
- Make payment (through Credit/Debit Card)
- Receive Visa Approval Letter
- Get your visa stamped at international airports (please bring along stamping fee)
Please go online at https://www.vietnam-visa.com/ to look for detailed information.
- Vietnamese climate
Vietnamese stretches over 3 climate zones, therefore, its climate varies greatly from North to South. In the North, there are 4 distinct seasons: spring and autumn are the best time to visit Vietnam because the weather is relatively pleasant, and the sky is crystal clear. Summer and winter are less preferable; however, the Northern areas still expose some of its unique features during these times of the year. On the contrary, Southern part of Vietnam is full of sunshine all year round with 2 seasons including wet and dry seasons.
Depend on the time you want to visit should you choose suitable belongings to carry along. Something such as a good pair of shoes (because Vietnamese streets are very muddy and lumpy), anti-insect cream or spray (to prevent mosquito-carrying diseases), electrical adaptor, torch are always on the list.
If you have any trouble applying visa or other problems, do not hesitate to contact us though our e-mail [email protected], we will try to help you at our best.