Every American passport holder must apply for Vietnam visa before entering Vietnam. Todays, application procedures are made much easier than ever before. There are 2 ways of getting a Vietnam Visa From US. The first option is getting visa in person at Embassy of Vietnam in Washington, another one is applying for Vietnam Visa on Arrival.
Applying Vietnam Visa from USA by Vietnam Embassy Visa
This is a traditional way of getting a Vietnam visa from USA. It is highly recommended if you plan to enter Vietnam by sea or land. Currently, there is an Embassy of Vietnam in Washington. The detailed address is as follow:
Address: 1233 20th St NW, Suite 400 – Washington, DC 20036
Tel: (202) 861-0737
Consular emergency: (202) 304-2058 or (202) 716-8666
Fax: (202) 861-0917
Email: [email protected] (for general information)
Consulate General of Vietnam in San Francisco
Address: 1700 California St, Suite 430 San Francisco, CA 94109
Phone: (415)922-1707 | (415)922-0707
Fax: (415)922-1848 | (415)922-1757
Email: [email protected]
- For this type of applying Vietnam Vietnam Visa from USA, you can show up in person or send e-mail to Embassy. First, you will have to complete an online form with required information including your full name, date of birth, arrival date, etc. Please, keep in mind that the field with (*) is compulsory. After that, you can print out, sign and attach the completed form the 01 passport-size photo.
- Under normal circumstances, it will take you 5 business days to receive visa approval letter. In case of urgent circumstances, the processing time will likely take one or two working days.
- The total cost for visa application at Vietnam Embassy will include:
- Visa approval arrangement fee
- Processing fee
- Shipping fee
- Handling and expedite fee (in urgent cases)
Applying Vietnam Visa On Arrival
In comparison to the traditional way, applying for Vietnam Visa on Arrival to get Vietnam Visa from USA show several advantages in terms of time and cost, if you want to visit Vietnam by air, Visa online is the best option. The online procedure comprises 2 steps:
- Completing online Vietnam visa application form with required information including your full name, date of birth, date of arrival, etc. Then, visa approval letter will be sent to you by Immigration Department. Please, write down exact information as in passport, we will not bear any responsibility for incident caused by incorrect information.
- Make payment by Credit/ Debit Card via OnePay/PayPal or via Western Union. A reply e-mail will be sent to you in 5 minutes.
- The total cost for service only include 2 items as compared to several items at Embassy:
- Service fee: Paid to Vietnam-visa.com.
- Stamping fee: paid for custom official at the international airports you arrive.
- Regarding time, it only takes you 2 business days (in normal cases) or 1 business day (in urgent cases) to receive Visa Approval Letter instead of 5 days with visa application at Embassy.
In conclusion, we suggest American visitors to apply for Vietnam Visa on arrival thanks to its advantage in processing time, service fee, and other features.