Foreigners who are not on the Vietnam visa exemption list and who are on this list but want to stay in the country more than exemption day must obtain a Vietnam Visa. Let’s take a look at this article as a Vietnam visa wiki to help you gain more information of ways to apply for Vietnam visa.
There are 3 possible legitimate ways to apply for Vietnam visa which are clearly mentioned as follow:
Vietnam Visa through Vietnam Embassy
All foreigners can have Vietnam visa by going directly to Vietnam Embassy or Consulate and applying for the visa. When applying for Vietnam visa, documents needed to submit include:
- 1 recent passport-sized photo
- Visa fee (US dollar)
- 1 filled Vietnam visa application form (download on the Internet or take at Vietnam Embassy)
- Original passport of applicant (valid at least 6 months and have 1 blank page or above)
Vietnam Embassy will check your information and process visa application in 4 or 5 days. After that, original passport (already stamped Vietnam visa) will be sent to applicant by post or you can receive it in person at the Embassy. For detailed contacts of Vietnam Embassies and Vietnam Consulates all over the world, please click HERE
Vietnam Visa on arrival is valid for foreigners who travel to Vietnam by air with for leisure or business purpose, issued by Vietnam Immigration Department. Below is overall description of how to get Vietnam Visa on Arrival:
- Full fill the online application form with required information. Make an online payment for service fee which is based on the number of applicants, the visa type and the processing time, and each agency
- Wait for 1 or 2 days to receive a Visa Approval Letter via email. Note: the Letter is not a Vietnam visa, it is used to get Vietnam visa at Vietnam International Airports.
- Print the letter and the application form (also called Vietnam entry & exit form), get 2 passport-sized photos and exchange some US dollars for visa stamping fee at Vietnam airport. Vietnam visa will be stamped on your passport at check-in counter when you arrive at any Vietnam international airport and present all the things above.
Vietnam e-visa is the newest kind of Vietnam visa which was launched on February 1, 2017. This kind of visa is only applied for foreigners who travel to Vietnam with vacation purpose, applicable for one month single entry visa that allows the visitors to stay in Vietnam within 30 days. Additionally, E-visa can be only issued for the citizens of 46 countries in this list who are outside Vietnam foreigners.
- China (Not apply to Chinese e-passport holders)
- Czech Republic
- United Kingdom
- Korea (South)
- East Timor
- The United States of America
- New Zealand
Foreigners wanting to obtain e-visa can visit https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/web/guest/trang-chu-ttdt. Below is the description of how it works:
- Complete the form with required information
- Attach required documents (your passport-sized photo and your passport page).
- Applicant will receive a registration code
- Make a payment (US$25) for visa fee. Note: the fee cannot be refunded if Vietnam Immigration Department does not accept your form.
- Check result in E-visa search menu by entering registration code, registration email and date of birth.
- Print E-visa to enter and exit Vietnam.
It takes working days for Vietnam Immigration Department to check your information and issue Vietnam visa to your email if you are approved for E-visa.
Vietnam visa is one of the most important travel documents if you wish to come to Vietnam. Read carefully the information above to have the most suitable decision of the way to get the visa.